At trace and ultra-trace levels, Alfa Chemistry can perform elemental analysis, identification, and quantification of the elemental composition of your varied samples. Identification and quantification of elements in samples, as well as element composition and trace elements, are all part of element analysis and testing.
We use established Technology for sample preparation and analysis to apply our comprehensive quality assurance knowledge in elemental trace and ultra-trace analysis to parts per million (ppm), parts per billion (ppb), and parts per trillion (ppt) levels. We have a lot of expertise with trace metal analysis and have a lot of advantages in inorganic analysis.
Our lab employs several cutting-edge tools, such as inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectroscopy (ICP-OES) and inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS), to detect trace amounts to percentage levels. Organic and non-organic, aqueous, and non-aqueous materials are among the sample types and matrices used in trace element testing.
Element Analysis Service
- Many chemical importers or manufacturers have relied on us to help them achieve international standards for elemental analysis.
- Our experts can identify elemental composition using their knowledge and experience with various sample technologies.
- Import regulations imposed by the government. For example, we conduct dependable elemental analysis to ensure that trace metals in beauty goods such as fragrances and cosmetics are below stated permissible limits.
- Troubleshooting should be done swiftly. Our scientists respond quickly to manufacturing issues, such as semi-quantitative screening or batch comparisons with "good" batches.
- We offer elemental analysis for pharmaceutical businesses to support R&D and GMP manufacturing.
- The pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare industries are particularly well-suited to quality control. Routine batch analysis in these businesses can ensure that healthcare goods are of high quality and safety. Ensure that services are performed by GMP guidelines.
- Preparation of customized samples. To acquire valid quantitative results, proper sample preparation is required. We select the most appropriate procedure for the sample from a variety of sample preparation methods.
- Services are provided by a third-party testing laboratory. A third-party organization may be required by the supplier to determine the exact amount of a specific metal in the sample.
- Assist with regulatory compliance study of food or pharmaceutical packaging.
- Analyze the traces of materials that could be employed as catalyst poisons. The residual PGM element content of noble metals (PGM) and the consumption of active metals after usage can also be measured.
Our global elemental analysis experts have many years of industry expertise. With Alfa Chemistry as your partner, we can meet all your elemental analysis needs.
Learn About Our Technology and Capabilities
Our elemental analysis and testing technologies include but are not limited to the following:
- X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy (XRF)
- Halogen determination
- Heavy metal screening
- Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES)
- Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- Ion chromatography (isocratic and gradient system)
- Ion-selective electrode
- Karl Fischer moisture determination
- Kjeldahl Method
- Microanalysis of combustion methods (C, H, N, O, S, halogen, ignition residue)
- Scanning electron microscope with energy dispersive X-ray analysis (EDX)
- Total Organic Carbon (TOC)
- X-ray fluorescence spectrometry (XRF)
The trace elements, element compounds, and species that we can detect and characterize include but are not limited to the following:
- Alkaline earth, alkali metal, aluminum, arsenic
- Boron, bromine
- CHN analysis, CHNS, CHNSO
- Cadmium, carbon, chloride, chromium, hexavalent chromium, copper
- Fluorine, fluoride
- Gold, halogen, hydrogen, iron, iodine
- Lead (Pb), lithium, mercury
- Trace metals and non-metals
- Nitrogen, nitrogen species, nickel
- Oxygen, phosphorus, potassium
- Precious metals
- Silicon, silver, sulfur, sulfur species
- Titanium, vanadium, zinc
- And many more Elements and Elemental Compounds and Species